Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What a difference...

two years can make...

It's been exactly 23 months since the last time I wrote anything.  I'm not exactly sure why I stopped, but I'm back.  Reviewing my last few posts, it looks to me like I had some anger issues back then!  Ah, the sweet relief of a national election.  Not a day goes by when I don't thank the fates in heaven for Obama's victory.  I had one of those moments on Sunday with his response to the anti-abortion protesters at Notre Dame.  I wish I could respond as coolly and intelligently as he does.  My hero...

But moving on... 

When we last saw our heroine, she was living in a small apartment on the Upper West Side of New York with her boyfriend.  She had recently quit her job at RLM, though she was freelancing fairly regularly.  Life was a bit on the brink.  Since then, she's:
gotten married
moved to England
fulfilled her lifelong dream to go on safari in Africa
finished rewriting her book
started building a baby (harder work than she thought).

So, it's been an eventful 23 months.  

Life is, at last, a settled thing.  The love of a good man has brought some peace to my vacillating spirit.  My only trouble is fighting off the gloom that comes from the uphill struggle to fulfill my dream of publishing my book.  Daily I repeat my father's mantra: POR (Press On Regardless).

It is my intent to tell stories here and share lessons I've learned in the first third of my life.  So, while I make no promises, I do hope for more interesting posts ahead.
and 

No comments: